Funding for in-person attendance to the conference will be announced in July for those selected to present at the conference.
Funding for ISSAD 2023 attendance will be available for people that are resident and/ or citizens of Countries with Developing Economies (CDE). A limited number of scholarships will be available to those presenters would not be able to attend ISSAD 2023 otherwise.
Please note that travel may not be possible depending on COVID-19/Visa restrictions (red-listed countries, quarantine times and vaccinations).
Deadline for scholarship application: 8th June 2023
Feedback on scholarship applications: 7th July 2023
Travel scholarship application
Funding for ISSAD-2023 attendance will be available for delegates who are resident and/ or citizens of Countries with Developing Economies (CDE) or early career researchers. A very limited number of scholarships will be available to those without funding, would not be able to present at ISSAD-2023 otherwise.
ISSAD travel scholarship will not cover:
- Costs incurred to apply for and collect the visa.
- Airport transfers/ parking in the country of residence.
- Visa costs.
Pre-requisites for ISSAD travel scholarship applicants:
- Submit an abstract (as presenting author) for oral or poster presentation at ISSAD-2023, by 8th June 2023 via the ISSAD website.
- Once a scholarship has been accepted register for ISSAD-2023 via the ISSAD website. For ‘Participant type’ please select ‘Invited Speaker Ticket.
- Add co-authors (full first and family name, affiliation details, e-mail) when submitting an abstract.
- Complete the scholarship application form by 8th June 2023.
ISSAD travel scholarship will cover:
- Economy-class return airfares to and from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Accommodation at the conference venue.
How to apply for ISSAD travel scholarship?
- In addition to the ‘Pre-requisites’ detailed above, ISSAD-2023 travel scholarship applicants need to e-mail the following documents to ISSAD@lshtm.ac.uk.
- Scanned copy of passport (if travelling from the outside Brazil) or another form of photo identification used for travel, including date of birth and nationality.
- Letter of support from academic institution/ university/ institution addressed to ‘ISSAD-2023 travel scholarship selection committee’.
- Any applicants who have not completed all required fields of registration, scholarship application and abstract submission, plus supporting document submission prior to 8th June 2023 will not be considered for a travel scholarship.