Thank you to everyone that submitted an abstract, abstract submission is now closed for 2021.
Results to follow!
Abstract submission deadline: 12th July 2021, 12 midnight UK time – Extended for 48hrs until 14th July 2021!
ISSAD Scientific Committee invites delegates to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentation at ISSAD-2021. Please note that all travel scholarships will be determined competitively based on abstracts. Note that travel may not be possible depending on COVID-19 restrictions. The conference is completely free to attend.
Once reviewed by the International Scientific Committee (ISC), feedback will be given on the acceptance of abstracts by Thursday 5th August 2021. Presentations of original data not yet published or presented elsewhere, prior to ISSAD 2021 are highly recommended. We will also consider abstracts related to 2020 publications, contingent on compliance with applicable copyright laws with publishing journals. Authors are responsible for ensuring that there is no infringement of copyright.
Please specify which of the 8 tracks you wish to be considered for. You may indicate more than one track.
Abstracts Open Monday 17th May 2021, 9.00 am BST
Abstracts Close Monday 12th July 2021, 12.00 am-midnight BST
Abstracts Extended until Wednesday 14th July 2021, 12.00 am-midnight BST
Abstract Decision confirmation on Thursday 5th August 2021
1. Epidemiology and burden
2. Micro and molecular
3. Immunity and sero epi
5. Implementation, integration, M&E
6. Parent and societal
8. Hot Topics
You may also indicate your preference for oral or poster, but fewer orals will be selected so you may be offered the opportunity for a poster instead.
For more information, please contact Mita Vaghji at email@example.com.
- A PDF abstract template is available below. Please use this template for abstract preparation. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a Microsoft Word template.
- Abstract title (limited to 30 words), ‘Session Title’ on upload website.
- Authors: Presenting author’s contact details (full first and family name, identification number, affiliation details, e-mail) Add co-authors (full first and family name, affiliation details, e-mail)
- Abstract text: limited to 300 words (please check the word count using word processing software); presented in clear English. Use sub-sections for your abstract text: introduction, methods, results, conclusion. Where it says ‘Description’ fill in with your abstract on the upload website.
- All abbreviations and acronyms must be defined on first use. Use generic names of drugs
- One table or one graph can be added per abstract. Such table or graph counts for 50 words
- Abstracts may be selected for oral presentation (15 minutes talk including questions), “elevator talk” (3 minutes talk with no follow-up question) or poster. Please indicate if you prefer one or several of these formats at the time of submission
- Please select whether you consider yourself as ‘Young ISSAD’. ‘Young ISSAD’ is determined as any early career stage prior to tenured professor or equivalent.
- Where it asks for ‘Presenting author identification number (used on registration)’, please register on Eventbrite for the conference: https://bit.ly/issadgbs2021 and insert this number.
- If you have a table to submit please add a mention in the notes and send the table to email@example.com.
If you are having any trouble submitting your abstract please follow the info below:
The purple button underneath, ‘Abstract submission deadline: 12th July 2021, 12 midnight UK time’, is a link. That link takes you to this website: https://sessionize.com/issad-2021/ where you can submit your abstract. At the bottom of that page is a green button that says, ‘Submit your session’. When you click the green button, it will ask you to first, register your details then submit your ‘Call for Speakers’. It will then take you to a ‘sessions page’ where you fill in your abstract submission details. Where it asks for ‘Presenting author identification number (used on registration)’, please register on Eventbrite for the conference: https://bit.ly/issadgbs2021 and insert this number. Where it asks for ‘Session Title‘ please insert the abstract title. Where it says ‘Description’ fill in with your abstract (Background/hypothesis, Methods, Results, Conclusion).
Please get in touch if you need any further help or assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.